Saturday, January 19, 2019

'I have an identity of my own,' says Nihar Pandya as he urges people to stop addressing him as Deepika Padukone's ex-boyfriend

Nihar Pandya, who will be seen in Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi, was in a relationship with Deepika Padukone years ago. In fact, it's been more than a decade since they broke up, but people still refer Nihar as Deepika's ex-boyfriend. Even recently when the rumours about his marriage with singer Neeti Mohan broke the internet, many media reports referred Nihar as Deepika's ex. The thing which Nihar wishes doesn't happen. In an interview with Masala.com, Nihar reacted to the same references.


He said, "She (Deepika) is happily married and there is no bitterness in my heart. In time all that one remembers are the good things. I wish her all the best in her married life. And I am sure she wishes the same for me. I only wish the headlines announcing my wedding wouldn’t refer to me as ‘Deepika Padukone’s Ex’. I’d like to think I have an identity of my own." Nihar also revealed how when a press note about his acting debut note, people referred to him as Deepika's ex-boyfriend.

For those unaware, Deepika and Nihar were said to be in a live-in relationship for three years. Even after their break-up, the two have remained on good terms. As for Nihar Pandya's wedding with Neeti, the actor, in the same interview, confirmed that he will be tying the knot with the singer on February 15 while the pre-wedding rituals will take place on Feb 14.


Here's wishing Nihar all the very best for his marriage and his debut film, Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi which releases on January 25.

Source: https://www.bollywoodlife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment