Thursday, January 17, 2019

Anushka Sharma draws flak for selling pan masala

Anushka Sharma drew flak for marketing and selling pan masala product, Rajnigandha. The ‘PK’ actress receives huge criticism for endorsing the product, who always maintained that she "will never propagate anything that says this is right or wrong."


While one criticised the actress and wrote, "Very good thought Madam. I hope you have similar thoughts for patients of oral cancer too. Millions of your fans will be exposed to the no. 1 risk factor of this dreadful disease after you endorsed the "Rajnigandha" brand," another said, "@AnushkaSharma did not expect a responsible person like you to advertise a gutkha manufacturing company product."

On Monday, Anushka took to social media to share a video of the TV ad she shot, "Let goodness shine," she captioned the post.

The ad shows the actress as the showstopper at a fashion show where she helps a fellow model from wardrobe malfunctions.

Priyanka Chopra has been promoting the brand since 2014 but now Anushka replaced her.

Interestingly, Anushka's husband and Indian skipper Virat Kohli once turned down a multi-crore soft drink endorsement deal, citing reason, "If I myself won’t consume such things, I won’t urge others to consume it just because I’m getting money out of it."

"I want to give something to people that I use, myself. The one of the reasons, I decided not to sign Pepsi is that I have undergone lifestyle change. And, I am not using that product anymore," Kohli had told Business World.

Source: www.bollywoodmantra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment