Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Bollywood reacts to Rajkumar Hirani’s sexual allegation

Bollywood expressed shock after noted filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani was accused of sexual harassment by a woman who worked as an assistant for ‘Sanju’. Celebrities like Dia Mirza, Vinta Nanda, Sharman Joshi expressed shock over the allegation.

Rajkumar Hirani totally rubbished the allegation.


“I was completely shocked when these allegations were brought to my notice about two months back. I had suggested immediately that it is essential to take this matter to any committee or any legal body. The complainant has chosen to go to the media instead. I want to very strongly state that this is a false malicious and mischievous story being spread with the sole intention of destroying my reputation,” Hirani’s statement read.

Dia Mirza, who worked with Hirani in ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’ and ‘Sanju’, told PTI that she is deeply distressed by the news. “As someone who has known and respects Raju Sir for 15 years I can only hope that a due official enquiry is conducted. He is one of the most decent human beings I have ever worked with and I think it would be grossly unjust on my part to speak on this as I do not know the details,” the actor said.

Sharman, who played Raju Rastogi in Hirani’s ‘3 idiots’ wrote# “Raju Sir, is a man of immense integrity, character, honour, compassion and truthfulness, all the virtues one would imagine are non existent in people today, someone I am absolutely inspired by and have learnt from and because of whom I believe I have gone onto being a better person.

“All I want to say is that this too shall pass and I can imagine how demeaning it might be to even stand up for yourself in a situation such as this,” the actor told PTI.

Without taking any names, Vinta Nanda tweeted, “The latest on #MeToo is so disturbing. Who is it that women can trust? Can’t deal with these words anymore – “At the outset, our client states that the allegations made against him are false, mischievous, scandalous, motivated and defamatory.”

Veteran actor Amardeep Jha, who was seen playing Sharman Joshi’s mother in ‘3 Idiots’ and Anushka Sharma’s mother in PK, told Bollywood Life, “I’m shocked. I cannot even believe this. He was a man whom I used to look up to. On the sets, he used to be like a walking angel. After hearing the news, I have lost my mental peace. This is something that will be running in my head for so long.”

She further added, “I cannot pass any judgement on the girl but I strongly believe he cannot do this. But I really hope and pray that whosoever is the innocent his/her truth should be out and should get justice.”

Source: www.bollywoodmantra.com

No comments:

Post a Comment